In Kansas, an expungement is the way to clear your record of a particular conviction or numerous convictions that stem from the same case number. If you want a fresh start or are you trying to rid yourself of past run-in’s with the law in Geary County or Junction City, and expungement is the way to do it.
Before you contact a Kansas attorney for your Geary County or Junction City Expungement, you will need to be prepared with the following information to assist your attorney with a speedy resolution to your case:
1. The name you were arrested under and your date of birth
2. Your current address
3. The court or county in which you were arrested
4. Your court case number OR if you don’t know it the approximate year of your arrest.
5. Have you been in trouble with the law since your conviction?
6. The date of the termination of your probation/sentence/diversion.
The cost for filing an expungement in the Riley County District Court and in the Geary County District Court is $119.00. These prices are subject to change as each court raises their prices from year to year, so always check with a local attorney that can give you an exact amount. Attorney's fees can also vary widely depending on the type of case, number of convictions, and number of expungements that need to be filed.
Once a Kansas expungement attorney has this information, it becomes a much easier process for them to assist you. For more information and a free consultation, contact a Kansas Expungement Attorney in your area. The knowledge and skill of your legal counsel can make a major difference in the outcome of your new beginning.